Friday 17 February 2012

Bill Tidy

This is a young Bill Tidy who was, together with Larry, my favourite cartoonist .Perhaps best known for his strip The Fosdyke saga in the Daily Mirror news paper, and The Cloggies...,and his tv work.
Many years ago my wife pestered me to take her to Martin Mere a bird sanctuary not too far from our house.I always managed to find an excuse not to go until I discovered they where having an exhibition of Bills original drawings from the Fosdyke's.. Not telling my wife about this I suggested that we go and see the ducks at MM much to her surprise....as you can imagine she wasn't best pleased when all I wanted to do was look at the cartoons.....!!!! I did walk round with her to see the wildlife...a good day was had by all ......:)

No comments:

Post a Comment